Sharing is an absolute obligation, there is no boundaries- It all started with the CFC... It changes me a lot.... I could say that I am not this kind of individual before ... I always reserved for myself, for my families. It was really hard for me to give others, for I myself has nothing. I was then a slave of my sentiments, my failures, my disappointments, my depressions....
But then, little by little, I come to realize how blessed I am despite of what I am going through. I come to appreciate all the blessings I have. Come to think of it, I started liking to help, to share, to do something for others. I would like to give them presents this Christmas but how? I am nothing but my willingness and desire to give and share. "As the famous line goes, "The greatest gift is offered when you gave a portion of yourself to others". As values coordinator, our group solicit from friends and relatives who are fortunate and blessed with good job and are financially stable.
And it really works... I'm thankful to God that through this I can reach out those people who are less privileged. It really gives me a sense of fulfillment.
It is a challenge for everyone of us to spread the true spirit of Christmas this season. It's not how much we give, but the love we have in giving. It's not the present but the time and effort that we spend for them.
I learned to give not because I have much but beacause I know how it feels to have NOTHING...
No comments:
Post a Comment